7 Day Raw Cleanse
This weekend I had the great privilege of taking part in a Reiki Level 1 and 2 training from one of the women that took the yoga teacher training with me. We had a moment after our attunements where one of the women laid hands on me and offered her healing touch. Afterwards she came to me and suggested that I go on a 7 day raw and green juice cleanse to further the healing process.
For those of you that know me well, I’ve had several long term physical issues that I’ve been dealing with. If you followed my 5 Day Express Juice Fast, you will remember just how difficult and healing that was for me. I am ready to take on a new challenge of getting rid of more toxins and restoring my body.What Raw Looks Like:
- No cooked or processed food
- Mostly vegetables and fruits
- Dehydrated crackers, nuts and produce for snacks
- A healthy raw diet includes juicing
So here’s my plan:
- I’ve decided to start this Wednesday so I make sure to get the majority of my ingredients at the Farmers Market
- 3 Raw Meals a Day
- 1-2 Green Juices a Day
- Begin weaning off sugar, caffeine, red meat, and processed dairy
- Add in 1 green juice a day for 2 days
- Eliminate alcoholic beverages
- Drink lots of water
- Make a menu plan for the week (stay tuned for mine)
One of the reasons I love local food is because I believe there is nothing more healing to put in your body than nutrient dense fresh food. Therefore most of my diet this coming week will be sourced from the farmers market. I encourage anyone who is doing this to do the same. And if nothing else, making sure your produce is organic.
Stay tuned for more in-depth details (including menu plan and recipes) for this cleanse. And as always, I would love for you to join me in this challenge. Who’s with me? Simply comment below and tell me if “your in” and share any helpful tips you might have and let’s begin this journey together!