Join Me for a 5 Day Juice Fast
Foggy brain… can’t think straight..sluggish energy. That has been my existence for the past few days. Diagnosis = 2 things. Mental burn out and detox from eating gluten on my trip to Charleston. So it is time for a 5 Day Express Juice Fast to reboot my system. I did one in December of 2012, and it’s time I did another one, and this time I hope you will join me!The Details:
5 day prep, 5 day fast, 5 day reentry
Fast Starting Monday March 11th – Ending Friday March 15th
If You are Local:
Watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead together on Sunday afternoon. Location TBA.
Join me for a Juice Lunch Meet Up Wednesday at Whole Food Greens Hills 12pmThe Method:
5 Day Prep:
- Start weaning off processed junk foods, white flours, sugar/desserts, fried food, fast food, processed meats, alcohol and begin to wean yourself off caffeine.
- Start eating salads, soups, smoothies, fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and beans.
- Start weaning off animal protein and eat only grass fed beef, organic chicken, organic eggs, wild-caught fish etc and by day 4 of the week transition off meat completely and solely eat plant based protein.
- Start weaning off dairy and transition to organic and sugar free dairy and eventually by day 4 you should be off dairy completely.
- Start adding in juice “snacks” throughout the day (6-8oz glass), or begin replacing one meal with a glass of juice.
- Hydrate, drink plenty of water and green tea.
5 Day Juice Fast:
- Make a menu ahead of time for what you would like to juice. There are many recipes out there.
- Plan to include lots of leafy greens including kale, spinach, collards, etc.
- Source as many ingredients locally as you can. They have more nutrients and will produce more juice. And you will definitely want to juice organic – don’t want to be drinking all those toxins.
- You should have 5 juices a day 3 “meals” and 2 “snacks”
- Ideally you should juice everyday (perhaps in the morning) – however, juice can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. *You can also freeze juice if making a huge batch works better for your schedule
- Keep the 80/20 rule. 80% vegetables, 20% fruits
- Drink lots of water!
- This year I will be eating some raw avocados and raw nuts to sustain my energy. This is optional if you’d rather be a purist.
5 Day Reentry:
- Continue to avoid processed junk foods, white flours, sugar/desserts, fried food, fast food, processed meats, alcohol, and caffeine for at least 3 more days, and ideally eating these items very sparingly through the long run.
- Begin adding solid fruits and vegetables to your diet and slowly increase your grains and proteins.
- If you wish to drink caffeine, start with green tea – then move to black tea – then eventually move to coffee.
- Eat smaller portions, more frequently as your body is getting used to solid food which helps to retrain your digestive system.
- Eat a rainbow everyday - Many of the health benefits of micronutrients are concentrated in the pigment of fruits and vegetables. Essentially the properties that give each fruit or veggie its rich color are the same elements that help protect our immune systems and keep our bodies strong. Each color family is rich in unique and important micronutrients.
- Boost the number of fruit/vegetable servings you can ingest in a day
- Break the cycle of unhealthy eating
- Re-train your brain to crave fruits and vegetables
- Manage your weight
- Promote a lifestyle that will lower risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, macular degeneration, cognitive decline and mental illness including depression
- Promote longevity
- Decrease aches and pains in joints and muscles
- Improve your immunity
- Promote increased energy levels
- Promote healthy skin, nails and hair
- Gain greater access to digestive enzymes locked away in whole produce through juicing
Juicing is a part of my life. I absolutely love it, and love the way it makes me feel. Plus, I highly recommend getting your hands on local produce for this as it really makes a difference with nutritional content. However, don’t let that stop you from doing it. Any organic veggies will do.
Quite frankly, I need the support from YOU to help get me through this fast. If you want to join me, please just comment below with your name and email address and I’ll make sure to get you some fantastic recipes, and give you the details of the documentary showing.
Who’s with me?