First of all let me say that after doing some research, I have decided that I cannot be a purist about this Raw Food Cleanse – but rather a realist. If I were to make this a lifestyle, I would definitely invest in a dehydrator, mandolin, and spiral slicer – and would use my food processor and juicer to full capacity.
With a real raw food diet you would take lots of time making crackers, crusts, breads, tacos, etc in a food processor. Each recipe requires several steps and many hours. Being realistic, I know that is not going to happen. Luckily, I can buy some great raw crackers here locally at the farmers market from The Raw Food Warrior.
So here are the recipes I plan on making this week in addition to many salads and just raw fruits and veggie eating.Raw Recipes:
- Raw Zucchini Spaghetti
- Raw Tacos
- Crystal Cleanse Pad Thai
- Spinach and Wild Mushroom Quiche *Takes extra time- making on weekend
- Zucchini and Tomato Lasagna *Takes extra time – making on weekend
- Grated Carrot and Beet Salad
- Broccoli and Raisin Salad
- Cucumber Watermelon and Wheat Berry Salad
- Broccoli Mushroom Stir Fry
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad
- Fresh Spring Rolls
- Garlicky Kale Recipe
- Raw Hummus Bowl – Bowl of Hummus, Sprouts, Cucumber, and other seasonal veggies – top with homemade vinaigrette of your choice.
- Raw Falafel Wrap – Buy raw falafel and make lettuce wrap with variety of veggies and homemade vinaigrette of your choice
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1/2 bunch chard
- 1 bunch cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1/2 bunch celery
- 1-2 cucumbers
- 1-2 green apples
As always, clean your produce well and use a juicer to make this juice. Store for a maximum of 72hrs and try to drink a glass twice a day.
My main objective here is to eat clean. I may roast some veggies this week, and add some grains or beans to my dishes to help the shock of this on my system. I’m not going for perfection here. If you are interested in doing this by the rules and have the time, there are loads of recipes out there to choose from. I went for simple recipes since this is my first go at eating raw.
Please feel free to share your recipes with me. I will post some videos and other blog posts this week documenting my journey.